Bentonite Clay 500g
Bentonite Clay is formed from volcanic ash which has been trapped for eons. Trapped in Sea beds it forms Sodium Bentonite, and trapped in River beds it forms Calcium Bentonite.
Bentonite Clay Uses:
- On the Skin: Externally, bentonite clay and water on any skin irritation like blemishes, insect bites, cuts, skin itching, or burns. Leave it on until it dries and wash off. Especially calming to skin itching from eczema, psoriasis, chicken pox, etc.
- Skin Poultice for Bites/Burns/Cuts/Stings: For more severe issues, create a poultice by putting a thick layer of clay on the skin and applying a wet gauze or cloth over it. Wrap the area and leave the poultice on, changing every 2 hours.
- Face Mask: For smooth and healthy skin, make a paste of Bentonite and water and apply to my face as a mask (a similar mask is used in many spas). I leave on for 20 minutes and wash off. This can be done once or twice a week.
- Detox Bath: Add about 1/4 cup of Bentonite Clay to a bath for a relaxing detox bath that softens skin.
- For Oral Health: Because of it’s excellent ability to bind to heavy metals and toxins as well as to provide minerals. It can even be used alone for brushing and is tasteless and relatively textureless.
- Oral Rinse to whiten and remineralise teeth: Bentonite mixed with water as an alkalizing and toxin removing mouth rinse. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of clay in 1/4 cup water in a small jar with a plastic lid and shake well. Then, rinse with the water for 1-2 minutes and repeat until it has all been used.
- For Mastitis: I’ve created a poultice or mask of Bentonite Clay and water and applied externally to the area. I repeat as needed every hour until the infection is gone.
- For Baby Powder: Plain Bentonite Clay makes a very soothing baby powder for use when there is infection or redness. It can also be made into a clay “mask” to help speed recovery in this area.
- For Morning Sickness: 1/2 tsp of Bentonite Clay in water during early pregnancy to ward off morning sickness. It helped with the nausea and helped me feel better. I checked with my doc/midwife first and was told this was fine. Check with your doctor or medical professional before using during pregnancy.
- For Pets: For pets that are sick, vomiting or showing signs of illness, you can add Bentonite to their water or mix and give orally with a dropper or syringe without the needle.